- More evidence that turmeric is good for you – Yes, eat turmeric!
- Dinner with longevity expert Dale Buettner – I enjoyed his original book years ago, and this was a fun refresher.
- Side sleeping may clean up “mess in brains” – Until my second concussion I was a total side sleeper. Since then though, I can’t fall asleep unless I’m on my stomach. Now I’m glad that I usually wake up on my side!
- This evening my right ear is feeling full. Not sure why. Perhaps I had to much salt at dinner? It just means I’m laying around not doing much.
- This week I spent two days “working” as an Extra for a tv show filmed in Portland. I put “work” in quotation marks as it’s not really work, it’s mostly sitting around and waiting for them to need you to walk across the street, etc. I did it once last summer and it was fun. If you can bring stuff to keep you occupied and you don’t mind it being a little unpredictable, it’s a very nice way to earn a bit of money. The only downside is that the hours can be really long. Both days I was on set for 13+ hours. And it can stretch even longer than that if there’s a crunch to finish an episode. On the plus side, you might get to watch the actors acting and you get a upscale restaurant-worthy lunch.
- Today, I spent time finally adding up my concussion related medical costs for 2014. And then I cried. It’s surprisingly emotional going through old receipts. And it’s humbling.