- Working next to death in the pathology lab
- This is your brain on Jane Austen: The Neuroscience of Reading Great Literature
- Visible person, Invisible Problem – Tamar makes a list of lessons she’s learned about improving
- My grandparents were visiting this week. On Monday I took them to the Portland Rose garden for a picnic lunch. The unusually warm weather that Portland has been having this summer has made for a spectacular display of roses.
- My grandparents are avid bridge fans and have taught their grandchildren how to play. It was a good challenge for me to re-learn how to strategize. I know the last time I played I needed help figuring out my strategy.
- We also spent time listening to my grandparents talking about their World War II experience. We got most of it on video so that was a definite highlight of the trip.
- On Wednesday we took them and some friends to the river for the afternoon. My grandmother (at age 89) even got in and floated around on some pool noodles. Love their spirit of adventure!